top of page
Search

Ceasefire Shatters as Israel Attacks Gaza

Gaza's fragile deal was terminated when Israel deliberately attacked Gaza early Tuesday. The country carried out deadly strikes across the country, killing over 400 people and injuring thousands more. The overnight bombardments struck multiple location across Gaza, in the most intense and extensive strike since the originally month-long truce came into affect January 19.

The agreement-founded deal between the two countries was already hanging in the balance, with phase one of the operation ending just weeks ago. The deal was kept by both sides slowly releasing hostages, making sure not to let go of too many at a time, to thus keep the trading power on their side. This battle had been going on since Israel launched a large military attack in the Gaza Strip in 2008. The ideal eventual outcome of the deal was to free all remaining hostages from both sides and secure permanent peace. This goal was not achieved, however, because apparently the strategy on both sides reached a certain point and war broke out again.


Nasser hospital in Khan Younis, Gaza, as victims of the sudden attack slowly fill the clinic.
Nasser hospital in Khan Younis, Gaza, as victims of the sudden attack slowly fill the clinic.

In Gaza City, a volunteer doctor said the strikes began around 2 a.m.local time; he also remarked that the hospital he worked at had been gaining patients non-stop after the first attack. He said, "Multiple siblings, parents. But the majority of cases that we’ve seen tonight are children.” This statement could lead to some suspicion to whether Israel targeted specifically child-inhabited areas, or if they just intended to wreak havoc in generally populated areas like cities.


In this still image from a video, smoke rises from Gaza City March 18, 2025.
In this still image from a video, smoke rises from Gaza City March 18, 2025.

Israel resumption of strikes comes as renewed violence flares in the Middle East, and the country said it will continue the attack "As long as necessary."

Dozens of people were reported killed after U.S. President Donald Trump ordered "decisive" military action in the Republic of Yemen, focused against Houthi rebels, opening a new onslaught of fighting in the area. In addition, Israel had notified the Trump administration prior to its strikes on Gaza, according to White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt. This could hint some involvement with the Trump administration o continue to wage the war against the two countries; though someone could wonder for a very long time why Trump would want to fuel the fire in the Middle East, which has already cost the U.S. millions of dollars and has killed thousands of people.

Israel had done previous measures to increase the effectiveness of the attack. They country put in effort to block the supply of food and other humanitarian aid in the past to weeks, reported CNN. This was apparently part of a bid to pressure Hamas into releasing more hostages and impose new conditions on the unstable truce.

 
 
 

3 Comments


Also can i help with the website


Like
Replying to

is it possible to have multiple hosts though, like with a different account?

Like
Tips are appreciated!

When I'm passing out my newspaper, feel free to tip me. I appreciate the help with printing costs, which makes up all of the cost to produce the newspaper.

bottom of page